Thursday, November 09, 2006

Party tricks




Tom is getting to be so big! I was so surprised when I bought him Sunday clothes last week and they were already too small! So, I went shopping again and got the 3-6 month size and they are only a bit big. I guess he is getting close to 3 months now, so he should be wearing that size.

He is very interactive now with lots of smiles and coos, which I think will be a big hit with the grandparents on Thanksgiving.




This is one of Tommy's new tricks. When I put him down for a nap, he's in the middle of his crib. However, when I go to get him after he wakes up, he often has one or both feet through the bars in his crib! I don't know how he does this because if I lay him down during the day and watch him, he doesn't seem to move around that much - so it's a mystery to me how he does it in his sleep.





Tommy has discovered his hand and has recently been attempting to fit his entire hand in his mouth. Maybe he is practicing so that he'll have a party trick to show off in college. However, a couple days ago he was trying to ingest his whole hand after he had just eaten, and he gagged and completely vomited up his entire meal all over himself. Then he looked at me all shocked and hurt as milk was coming out of his nose, but I could only tell him, "You did this to yourself, bud!"

3 comments:

ghd3 said...

cute pictures -- he is a cute kid.

We had a fair bit of the legs-hanging-out-of-the-crib-slats as well. We relented and put in the pediatrician-disapproved crib bumpers, and they've done the trick.

Baby C has not taken to turning on her mobile in the middle of the night, the music from which usually wakes up dad and her older sister. One time, she even turned it back off again on her own.

Cute kid! I'm sorry we won't get to see you over Thanksgiving....

ghd3 said...

Sorry, that should read: "Baby C has *now* taken to turning on her mobile in the middle of the night..."

Rachel said...

That boy sure loves his tounge, doesn't he. I can't believe that I was where you are only a year ago - Romney is already pretty much a teenager. I'm in trouble.