Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Happy First Birthday!


Tommy is now one year old! I can hardly believe that a year has passed, the time has gone so quickly. And yet, in a way, it seems like he has been in our family a lot longer than just a year - we are so accustomed to his presence.
I was kind of a deficient mom in that I did not throw a birthday party for his first birthday. I know I should have, but with Dave working so much I just wanted the family to be together. (Ok the problem is actually that I was too lazy.) But we did have cake and sing happy birthday to him. We are glad you turned one, Tommy!

3 comments:

ghd3 said...

Happy Birthday big T! One is great. and keep up the good work on walking! We hope we'll get to see you next week on your visit.

Rachel said...

A year? Oh my - I'm behind on the times. What a cute boy! I don't think b-day parties are a good idea for a one year old. You can't invite just one other person, because then the other people are offended, so you invite them all and pretty soon you have a huge group and your child is terrified and overwhelmed. And they cry through the whole "happy birthday" song....nope, you did it just right, I think.

ghd3 said...

Hmmmm.... one month and no post. Is Palo Alto still there? :)