Wednesday, March 19, 2008

San Francisco Zoo


Enjoying the SF zoo


The duck pond


Tommy enjoyed petting the animals in the petting zoo section

A couple weeks ago we visited the now infamous San Francisco Zoo. Infamous, for those who may not have heard, for a fatal tiger attack on Christmas. Apparently a tiger somehow escaped out of his enclosure and over a fence and attacked three people - one fatally. The zoo has claimed the victims taunted the tiger, perhaps throwing things at it and dangling their legs over the enclosure or even aiding the tiger in escaping. However, the fence was measured and found to be 12.5 feet high instead of the recommended 16.5 feet high. I just searched for further info before typing this and I didn't found any further news about the attack other than the survivors have been "hostile" with police investigations and have hired an attorney to sue the zoo.

So anyway we went not for the drama but just because we like zoos. Tommy and I went with Tricia and Dax while Dave was at work. Tommy liked the petting zoo part and the ducks the best... other than the garbage cans, of course. For some reason, Tommy has developed a strong love of garbage. I don't know why. He loves to point out every garbage can along the way and throw things in the garbage can. He says "Gabage! Gabage!" whenever he sees the garbage cans and wants to "Look! Look!" inside the cans. He seems to understand the difference in our house between toys on the floor and garbage on the floor, and will pick up the garbage and want to throw it away. So that is good - but the bad side is he also wants to pick up all the nasty garbage on the street like old cigarette butts and other gross things and throw it away. So I feel like I'm sort of contradictory to him because I applaud his efforts in the house but won't let him pick up the yucky street garbage.


Tommy's favorite zoo attraction - the garbage can

2 comments:

ghd3 said...

We love the zoo! looks like a great day! tell dave to post the snowboarding videos somewhere....

I'm also woefully behind in blog updates. will catch up soon....

Bella said...

I just love this kid! Aaaahhhh, the love of garbage...silly boy! At least it is a helpful and productive love???