Sunday, April 13, 2008

Contemplating the move


Above: Overlooking the ocean at our soon to be hometown.
I can't believe we're moving again! It's still not for a few weeks but I'm already dreading the boxes, the mess and the movers. . .or lack of movers as they fail to show up at the appointed day. Our last move was such a disaster. The movers showed up a week late and stole stuff. I can't help but think our upcoming move is BOUND to go better by comparison. It's more local (only 90 miles away) and we had to get rid of so much stuff to fit into our 900 square foot apartment that there is much less to pack. It's actually quite liberating to have less stuff - I highly recommend it.
So, we still are looking for a place to rent, but there seem to be plenty of options in the area. It will be fun to live so near the ocean and spend days at the beach. We are so excited to live in such a gorgeous place! It will also be nice to have Dave home more - right now he's back on hard rotations so we just see him for a few minutes at dinner each evening!
Well, if anyone has any good moving advice, let me know!

3 comments:

ghd3 said...

So beautiful! I've never been, but am hoping that your living there gives us an excuse to come visit soon. Good luck with the move -- I don't envy you, but it is nice that it's so much closer this time. Advice? Hire somebody to do the heavy lifting....

We'll keep our fingers crossed on finding a great place!

Bella said...

ohhhhh! amazing site! that area is just incredible. we are so excited for you guys! i am sending you all the positive energy i have to help you find a great place to live!!

Rachel said...

Wow, I didn't know your last move was such a nightmare, and I certainly hope this one goes much better. I don't blame you for dreading it. I haven't moved in 9 years and I still shudder just thinking about it. Of course, now that we've collected 9 years worth of stuff, it really would be a nightmare to move. I hope we get to come see you soon! (The GHD3 family should come down in their bus, don't you think?)