Dave just put together bike #4, another new bike justified by several reasons: he would like to put Lil' T on the back and go out for a spin but was worried that the steep hills called for disk brakes. Also he wanted a cheaper bike for possible commutes to work. So anyway, he ordered a new bike (and a new baby seat - we already have a bike trailor but Dave thought the trailor would be too heavy to pull up the hill) and he just finished assembling it all. Tommy was super excited about the new bike seat, which is a good sign. Today they went out for a short ride in the neighborhood and Tommy liked it and said "Do again!" when they came home. Several months ago we tried to rent bikes and ride over the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco with a similar bike seat and Tommy SCREAMED being in the seat so we had to turn around after a few blocks - and we never got to ride over the bridge. So I was wondering if he would ever like anything but the bike trailor (which he tolerates ok) but now I think he may like the bike seat even better!
In case anyone is wondering, I just have one bike. But just so there's no confusion as intonation is difficult to appreciate with the written word, I'm very happy for Dave to have his new bike. Bikes are, after all, one of his passions. I'm also happy he has a great hobby that's good for his health. And I'm not sure I even need one bike - because I don't know if I'll be able to get myself up these hills let alone with Tommy on the back ... these hills appear worse than Virginia Street!
Today we had nearly 80 degree weather (the hottest it's been yet) and enjoyed the beach without being cold! It's so fun!!
6 comments:
Troy also has 4 bikes (compared to my one), is pushing for another (road bike that's not a commuter), and we got the bakfiets as well, which I ride too but I must confess is his baby. As I told my mother when she questioned our recent bakfiets aquisition, there are worse obsessions to have. :)
Nice! What kind of ride did he get?
looks like tommy has the bike thing down now! all the more reason to try golden gate again one day!
Dave, I support your habit. Bikes are good for you.
Steph - I'm with Troy if you are going to talk about Dave getting a new bike we need more information about the bike, show some more pictures of said bike, so the rest of us with this 'obsession', to quote Kathleen, can vicariously enjoy the acquisition of a new bike. Apparently I'm falling behind, I only own 3 bikes.
Glad Tommy and Dave can play together!
80 degree weather. The hottest it's been. I think I need to move in with you guys. I can't WAIT for 80 degree weather again. Oh yeah, nice bike too. :)
Post a Comment