Here's the latest addition in a little more detail.
It is a 2006 Schwinn Super Sport DBX Road Bike that I bought new on Ebay (my first ever Ebay purchase, by the way!). It is one of very few road bikes with disc brake mounts, which I felt would be safer for hauling Tommy down these steep streets. The astute observer will also note brake levers on the top of the handlebars in addition to the usual road bike levers, a rack for a child seat and panniers, the old-school frame mounted pump, and all manner of reflective/light-producing doodads. It weighs in at over 40 lbs (60+ with Tommy), I would guess - just right. So far it has fulfilled its purposes quite nicely. The only other item I would like is a triple chainring for getting back up the hills.
3 comments:
i have to be honest...i would never have been the astute observer and seen the brake levers on the top. very nice!!!!!! ummmm.....were these your first posts??by the way, LOVED the link you left of ian!!
Dave - Very nice. I just wouldn't be right for you to have a bike without all the reflective doodads.
If the hill are really as steep as you say they are I would think that a triple would really make things a little more pleasant. Hopefully it's at least got a compact crank on it.
Sweet ride! How do you like the rack+child seat? I've looked at those, but wondered if they're as good as the dedicated child seat mounted on the rear stays, for example. Do you feel sturdy with it? Is it comfortable for the little one?
Post a Comment