I am doing some Sunday Blog Catch Up on events over the past couple weeks, so be sure to scroll down to see all the new posts.
Yesterday was a very fun Halloween day for Tommy. Dave was on call and in the hospital during the daytime, so Tommy and I went alone to the Carmel City Halloween Parade. It was great - everything you'd expect from a small town parade... there were about 10 undecorated cars that drove past, two firetrucks, and then pretty much everyone in town (I'd guess 200 people) dressed up for Halloween and just walked the route. So Tommy and I were amoung a small handful of actual parade viewers. I loved it. Then we followed everyone to our community center for cake and ice cream.
In the evening, we had our church's Trunk or Treat activity, which if you are not familiar with, is basically where everyone trick or treats from the parking lot and you decorate your car trunk. I had never heard of it when I lived in SLC, but everywhere else I've lived there has been an annual Trunk or Treat ritual at the church.
Tommy was a dinosaur and the astute reader will recall that this was the same costume he donned last year... but hey, Tommy didn't remember, it still fit (barely!), we're in a different city where no one had seen it yet, and it was awfully cute...
Dave and I were hippies with wigs from Target and clothes from Good Will (as a side note piece of advice for future Good Will Shoppers - don't ever set anything down if you intend to buy it - the place is sort of a mad house before Halloween...)
In the evening, we had our church's Trunk or Treat activity, which if you are not familiar with, is basically where everyone trick or treats from the parking lot and you decorate your car trunk. I had never heard of it when I lived in SLC, but everywhere else I've lived there has been an annual Trunk or Treat ritual at the church.
Tommy was a dinosaur and the astute reader will recall that this was the same costume he donned last year... but hey, Tommy didn't remember, it still fit (barely!), we're in a different city where no one had seen it yet, and it was awfully cute...
Dave and I were hippies with wigs from Target and clothes from Good Will (as a side note piece of advice for future Good Will Shoppers - don't ever set anything down if you intend to buy it - the place is sort of a mad house before Halloween...)
3 comments:
Nice!
LOVE the new family pic! i hope that is getting blown up and put over the mantle one day!
Far out, man. So, your years in SLC must not have been spent in the direct down-town area, because we always have a trunk-or-treat. I think we might actually put together a car this year, we'll see. I wish I could borrow your costumes!
Love the baby ticker, by the way. Our baby is still a little in the squid-baby phase, but we're headed for fingers and toes soon I hope!
Post a Comment