Inertia Boy, with his trusty cape/blankie, changes his shoes
Our friend Rachel once wrote on her blog what superpowers her kids would have if they were superheroes. Since reading that, I have often thought about what superhero Tommy would be and I have decided he would be INERTIA BOY because he never wants to stop what he's doing. (If we're at the house, he doesn't want to leave for the park. If he's at the park, he doesn't want to go back home. He doesn't want to get into the car, he doesn't want to get out of the car. He doesn't want to change out of his jammies in the morning and he doesn't want to get into them at night....etc....)
His superpowers include:
1. The power of narration ("There's a stop sign, Mama! There's a taxi, Mama! There's an orange cement truck, Mama!" Or "You're eating your food! You're taking a drink now. Now I'm taking a drink. Mama and Daddy and Tommy are sitting at the table!")
2. Shoe changing (note to enemy powers: Inertia Boy has a weakness of extreme frustration when the shoe back collapses as he puts his foot inside, ie "Mama! The back is smooshing down!!")
and apparently, as captured by Dave yesterday on film,
3. Levitation of objects with his mind:
3 comments:
That is great... I'll have to think about which powers my kids have!
i feel so lucky i have personally witnessed 2 of the 3 superpowers! can't wait to see more of the levitation, though! will you be entering him into any superhero pageants? they must have those, right?
I hear you on super-inertia powers. Man oh man. Great pics -- and we're excited for you guys (< 2 weeks!).
Hope all is well. Great post.
Post a Comment