Thursday, June 04, 2009

Visitors and other Activities

Grandma Jackie shows her baby soothing expertise

Tommy makes a friend on the new slide at the Dennis the Menace Park

Katie admires the fresh and clean Josh straight from the tub

Dave tries on his new super-light-weight coat intended for Mt Whitney (but unfortunately won't be climbing as they didn't get a place in the lottery this year!)

The view from Dave's hike in the Big Sur- look at that foggy coast!


Brothers. Isn't Josh so chubby? His face is almost as big as Tommy's!


Josh challenges his dad to a staring contest

Tommy enjoys his first ice cream cone on Fisherman's wharf (Daddy had to help with the cone - and yes, he's had ice cream lots of times but we haven't thought the cone was a good idea in the past, just to clarify...)


I am sick. I think I have the flu. So far I am the only one who is sick and I am really hoping that it doesn't spread to the rest of the family, especially the little ones. I have had a temp to 103 and have a sore throat, cough, congestion and body aches. I have been wondering if it is the dreaded swine flu - but I guess I'll never know since we're now being advised to stay home if you are having flu like symptoms. Anyway, since Dave took Tommy to school today and I'm just hanging out all day with Josh I thought it was the perfect time to update the blog.

We had two great visitors since Josh was born. First we had a visit from Grandma Jackie and then from my sister Katie. We loved having them come and they were a great help as we made the transition of Dave back to work and me alone with the two boys.

In the last couple of weeks I have been feeling better (except for having the flu now) and we have been going out more. Tommy has really been loving the Dennis the Menace Park - we went there almost every day last week. (The creator of Dennis the Menace was from Monterey - astute readers will note there was a Dennis the Menace statue in the hospital as well on a previous blog entry.)

In lieu of Mt Whitney, Dave did a fun hike with friends up a mountain in the Big Sur. Unfortunately he did not need his new down coat, but it's good that he can still make me laugh with his funny faces.

2 comments:

ghd3 said...

great pics! Dennis the Menace, eh? Do tell....

With whom are you doing Mt. Whitney? I want in! :)

Great to see an update from you all -- we're excited to see you soon in Seattle.

Bella said...

i'm sad for you and your sickness! good for you that you are staying in, though! be sure to put your force field up so your 'germs' don't spread! someone really does need to invent a germ force field...

so glad you had some good times with jackie and katie! i'm sure you are a pro by now at outings with 2 little ones.