Wednesday, September 02, 2009

The Potty

I am happy to report great success with my recent potty training efforts! Tommy has been peeing on the potty for today(Wednesday) and Monday (yesterday I was working so he wore diapers to school.) The only accident he had was about 15 minutes after I first put on his underwear on Monday - and none since then! He is uncharacteristically patient standing in front of the potty waiting for the "pee to come out." I think he's on his way - but he needs to attempt the dreaded #2 still...

And in my general scattered way, I of course just bought a huge box of diapers for Tommy from Costco just before I decided to try potty training. Oh well - Josh is so big he'll probably be in #4 diapers soon anyway.

Tommy really likes his new underwear. He has some Diego underwear and Thomas the train underwear. Printed on them are pictures of Diego and Thomas, as well as their catch phrases. Somehow the phrases, "Go Diego Go" and "Thomas: Right On Time" take on a different meaning when printed on underwear.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

My facial tic just starting going off at the mere mention of potty training. Hope it GOES well for you. That's funny...

Bella said...

i wish they made such cool underwear for adults. i had wonder woman underoos (or however you spell it) that i LOVED! oh....the good old days. tell tommy we are VERY proud of him!