Saturday, August 07, 2010

swimming lessons


Tommy has spent the summer taking swimming lessons, which he LOVES. He took them 4 days a week all summer but now they're just 2 days a week since school starts soon. He absolutely loves them and can't wait until his next lesson! He was very disappointed when they were scaled back to just 2 days a week and said, "But MOM. I want to take swimming lessons 10 times a week!" I always knew Tommy liked swimming but had no idea he was this much of a fish. Since he's been pestering me so much, I finally bought a family pass so we can just go all the time when it's open for rec swimming (as Josh seems to like it, too.) It gives Dave some good evening bike riding time, too, so we all win!

Aren't they so cute, holding hands to walk over to the deep end for a jump?

Here are some videos of his lessons back in June when he started. I need to take some new video as he now takes several strokes by himself (though he's still in a drowning- sort of stage, not yet ready for the olympics...)


Note the strategic goggle placement for maximum eye protection.



I can tell he's going to be a backstroker!




And here's his favorite thing - jumping off the side! (With the back float afterwards!)

2 comments:

Bella said...

he is awesome!! way to go tommy!

Anonymous said...

Good to see you and your kids are keeping up the family tradition. Loved the goggles on the forehead in the video!