Friday, March 16, 2007

Aquarium..in Albuquerque?



Yes as odd as it may seem, the desert of Albuquerque does have an aquarium which we visited last Saturday. It wasn't quite the magnitude of other aquariums we've visited, but it was still fun and we got to walk through an eel tunnel and see a great shark tank during feeding time. We think Tommy liked it, but we had to hold him up to see some of the tanks. The aquarium also had a biological garden which we walked through. (Pictured above is the desert section.) Not bad for a smaller city like Albuquerque.
On other notes, Dave has been very busy preparing for poster presentations of his research coming up in a couple weeks in San Diego. I am very sad I can't come but it was during Albuquerque Public Schools spring break week and by the time I requested time off from work, it was way too late since everyone had already asked for those same days off. So I guess Tommy and I will hang out here (Tommy with the babysitter some of the time...)

2 comments:

roamingjones said...

Tommy is getting so big (and cute)! Looks like great fun guys!

ghd3 said...

he is getting big. I love the tongue shot. Reminds me that we haven't been to the aquarium in a while.... Have fun in SD Dave!