Well I spent a couple days in the Palo Alto area last week doing job interviews and looking for a place for us to live. I have never been away from Tommy longer than a shift at work and it was distressing to leave him - but I ended up being so busy in California that the time went fairly quickly. Dave took one day off to be with Tommy and the other days he was with the babysitter.
So I looked at tons of apartments (one with asbestos and signs stating "Hazardous chemical here which could cause cancer and birth defects" - yet still asking $2800 a month - can you believe it?) but in the end, we got approved for the graduate medical student housing since Dave will be a fellow. It is on campus, just a short walk from the hospital. So, we will probably live there. It's much cheaper than other places I looked, but it's still a few hundred more than our mortgage in Albuquerque! I'm just so spoiled after living in this house - I really, really want a washer and dryer, but I'm not sure I'm willing to pay an extra $1200 a month just to have more convenient laundry services.
I was offered jobs at both my interviews and they were both fine with me working part time, so now I just have to decide which one to do. I could work on campus at the Stanford ER, or commute to the community ER of Santa Clara Valley. So I will ponder on it for a few days. It is nice to have options, unless options give you anxiety of course...
Tuesday, May 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment