Yea we finally got the internet set up again at our new house today!! I have been internetless and feeling utterly isolated for the past few weeks as we have moved and then waited and waited and waited for Stanford to set up our services. Since we live on campus next to the hospital, Stanford is our only option for phone, TV and internet, and they took a long time to get to us ("Yeah we're just really busy..." "Don't you just flip a switch or something?" "Yeah it just takes a long time, you'll just have to wait..." "Can I pay extra to set it up sooner?" "No you'll just have to wait...") It made me understand why capitalism works.
The move was a little stressful and not extremely pleasant but we survived, minus an ipod, a collection of $2 bills and a bag of quarters (about $50 worth) we were saving for the laundromat here (the movers, who did a full service pack for us, have no idea how these things could have been "lost" in the move.) And we, being extremely spoiled, have been a bit in shock moving into the 2 bedroom apartment from our 4 bedroom house. But we're getting used to it, to the traffic, and to new environment. Dave LOVES the biking and so far has spent nearly every morning enjoying it before work.
I just finished the 7th Harry Potter book and would be happy to discuss it with anyone - send me an email if you're interested.
Tommy and I are settling in as well, I start work on Sunday. Tommy has been walking!! He can walk the entire length of the apartment by himself, but still has some pretty bad faceplants and crashes so we have to walk right alongside him to help. I will post some new pictures soon, but I wanted to at least update that we are still alive!
Thursday, July 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey CA Gardners! Glad you're back online and up and running. I meant to comment sooner, but we've been out of town for two weeks. It sounds like you're settling in nicely to the bay area -- glad you enjoyed Monterey. Glad Tommy is becoming a great little walker, we'll look forward to some pictures. You're in a great spot, and I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it. Keep us posted!
-The Seattle Durhams
Post a Comment