Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Birthday, snot and kisses


Happy Birthday Tommy!

I'm a little late posting a birthday picture of Tommy at two years old. I can't believe he is that old already! And poor Tommy, still no birthday party for him. Just like last year on his birthday, we had so recently moved when it was birthday time that I just didn't know anyone to invite! I didn't even make a cake - he just got a big slice from safeway. (I didn't think the 3 of us could eat a whole cake...) Oh well, no birthday party means less toys around the house, which is a good thing I think.

On a different note, lately Tommy has really been into getting kisses. If he gets hurt, he wants to be kissed better. Sometimes he'll put his foot up in the air for a kiss, and now he even brings toys over for me to kiss.

The other thing he's discovered is nose picking. I'm not really sure whether to shut this down or not - I mean if you've got boogers, you have to get rid of them somehow, right? And what fits better into his own little nose than his own little finger? But I imagine it's not the most polite thing in public, and I certainly have seen my share or nasty nose-bleeds in the ER from picking... so I'm still on the fence with this one.

Well today, he was playing in his bedroom, digging for gold (as Dave puts it), when he removed his snot covered index finger from his nose, stuck it right up in my face and said, "Kiss it!!" Needless to say, I respectfully declined...

5 comments:

ghd3 said...

that is awesome. our girls always ask for kisses as well -- it's the magic cure-all and an important part in healing any boo-boo. we also have the boo-boo bunny, which is key. And, as for the monkeys (that's what our girls call them), I don't know that you can win that battle, so you just have to educated and encourage them to do it in private, I suppose (not that we're seeing great success there).... Something about the nose....

ghd3 said...

p.s. I think you need to get some pictures of Dave as a small child and do side-by-side comparisons with Tommy.

Rachel said...

Man, is Tommy getting big or what! Just looking at that picture in your sidebar next to his b-day picture is pretty amazing. As far as kissing boo-boos goes, just wait until he bites his tongue for the first time, and comes to you with his tongue stuck out asking for you to kiss it better. It's awesome.

Bella said...

why didn't you kiss it? i just don't understand! that is such a great picture of him! he is a little man now! so cute.

roamingjones said...

Our boys come for kisses when they get hurt too. At least a couple of times I have been asked to kiss a tongue better, when they have bitten them. Of course I had to decline.

GJ