Saturday, September 13, 2008

Tommy, Go PRACTICE!




As many of you know, I play the piano and one thing I heard a lot growing up was "Go Practice!"

Lately Tommy has taken an interest in the piano, which I love, but I haven't started yelling "Go practice!" yet. He looks great sitting on the piano bench and will crawl up on his own and bang away on the piano. He seems genuinely interested in it. Though I have to mention that he did have a bad injury a couple weeks ago when he fell off the piano bench and completely ripped his big toenail off (who knew the piano was such a dangerous sport? AND he was wearing socks - weird!) But the other day he had crawled up on his own and then began to whine and cry like I was forcing him to practice. I thought it was so funny that I grabbed the camera. Maybe just sitting at the piano brings this emotion out in kids? Who knows. I believe his facial expressions probably exactly mirrored my own when I was younger. I worry this is foreshadowing of things to come...



2 comments:

Bella said...

wow! what a mean mom! he is only 2 steph!! let him enjoy his childhood! that face is just awesome! that is just so weird that he was the one who crawled up there and then had the crying fit! go figure...

Danni said...

Hi Gardner family, just found you while I was blog surfing at nap time. I should be doing dishes...
It's fun to see what's going on with you and your family.
I love the pics at the piano, he's super cute!