Saturday, September 12, 2009

Three years


Tommy couldn't keep still for the shot -too excited. Note the paper 3 instead of candles.



Water balloons


Playing with Holly and Rose


Cupcakes with blue frosting!

Tommy turned 3 years old in August! Wow- crazy how time flies! I brought cupcakes with blue frosting and sprinkles on his actual birthday to all the kids in his preschool. Then the next Saturday we had a birthday party with a few friends: Richard, Jacob, Ryan and the twins around the corner: Holly and Rose. Tommy requested cupcakes again, but asked me if we could have them without cake or sprinkles. I should have saved some money and just bought him a tub of frosting. He also requested no candles. Last year, when we were singing to him at his 2nd birthday, he stuck his finger in the candle and I guess vividly remembers the experience. So now, it's "I want cupcakes with no cake or sprinkles and NO CANDLES!!"

His party went ok, I guess. We made some water balloons which took an hour to fill and were gone in 30 seconds. We also had pizza, fruit and of course cupcakes - though to Tommy's dismay, they did contain cake. The only problem was it was one of the very rare scorcher days and everyone was dying of heat, and the cupcakes all melted. Oh well. We'll try to do better next year. Tommy had fun, and that's all that really matters, right?

4 comments:

Laura said...

Happy Bday to him! The party never goes as planned! I am sure he loved it!

Rachel said...

Cupcakes with no cake...intriguing...I'll have to think about that one. My kids will be happy to sample those. What's so bad about cake, I ask you?

LZ said...

happy birthday tommy!

Bella said...

honestly, why do parents plan parties? they never quite turn out as the parents thought...but the upside is that the kids LOVE them regardless! so i would have to say that you did an awesome job! a happy birthday boy equals a successful party!! way to go!!