The Perm... Early Days
So, a couple months ago I decided to get a perm - one ought to have one perm in life, right? Just to say you tried?
Admittedly, the stylist did warn me - she said my hair was not going to "take" a perm - and that the longest it might last would be about 2 months. But hey, I've had the same hair for my whole life and wanted to try something new! I will agree that it doesn't look as good as my normal hairstyle, but I like that it's different - and it is pretty easy - just comb and go. And the stylist was right - the perm is almost gone now - just some bends here and there and a lovely slight frizz.
The best part of the perm experiment was Tommy's reaction. The first time he saw me he said, "Mom! What HAPPENED to your HAIR?" Dave shushed him and said, "No, Tommy - you were supposed to say, 'Mom your hair looks beautiful!'" And Tommy just stared at me and repeated, "But Mom? What happened?"
Then a couple weeks ago after his bath he said, "Will you comb my hair? I don't want it to look like YOURS. I want it to look NICE." After laughing, I said, (just to clarify,) "You don't think my hair looks nice?" And he said, "No."
To top it off, last night when I was brushing his teeth he said, " Mom... is your hair made out of spider webs?"
Watch out ladies! Mr. Smooth-talker will be a teenager before you know it!
4 comments:
i can't stop laughing!!!! he kills me!
I think it looks good! Hilarious post, though.
I laughed out loud. You've got me thinking though...I've had the same hairstyle since high school too... :)
Cracking up. Kids are here to bring us to the depths of humility whether we like it or not, huh? Awesome.
Post a Comment