ONE YEAR OLD!!!
Wow, I can't believe it's already been a whole year since Josh was born! It really does go so fast. We came home a couple days ago and the amazing women who clean our house (and adore Josh) had decorated the house and returned in the evening with a surprise birthday party with tamales, cake, pinata and all! (It was even a surprise to Dave and me! Maybe they have a sixth sense that I am a deficient mom and wasn't planning a party for him...oops!)
Since it's birthday time for Mr. Josh, I think I will dedicate a little post to my sweet baby boy.
Personality: Josh has been such a great baby. He is so easy going and pleasant, and loves to smile and talk. He's so cuddly and loving and loves to be held and carried around. He likes to pat us on the back when he's being carried, as if to say "I'm with you!" He's showing some great potential for a comedic personality with silly faces and poses. Lately he likes to pucker his lips up in a funny way, and we all laugh, including him!
Talking: He's been saying "Da Da" and "Ma Ma" for a couple months now, though sometimes mama comes out as "Na Na." Usually Dada is said with a happy sound whereas Mama is more frantic - like when he's upset if I walk out of the room or leave him at daycare. The other word we think he may be saying is "Whuzat?" for what's that - but we may be stretching that one a bit. (Listen to the end of the video below and decide for yourself!) Sometimes if I sing something to him, he will hum back to me. Today at the doctor's office when Dr. Dwelle said, "Take a deep breath!" and showed him by breathing deeply, Josh mimicked him and the doctor was surprised.
Eating: Josh is a great eater which is a relief after all the eating battles we have constantly with his big brother. Josh loves clam chowder and would probably eat this even if he was totally stuffed. He also likes beans, cheese, soup, baby food - well actually, I can't really think of any food he DOESN'T like.
Here is Josh after a vigorous meal - so vigorous that his whole back was covered in crumbs!
Sleeping: Josh is a great little sleeper - sleeps 10-11 hours at night (plus 2 nice naps per day) with hardly a peep. He has a favorite funny sleeping position with his head bent backwards and his face stuffed up against the side of the crib. He loves his soft, green blankie and his stuffed giraffe - he likes them near all night long.
Moving: Josh has never been much of a crawler - I think this may be my fault as I never made him do much "tummy time," since he screams when I put him on his tummy. But he is the CHAMP at bottom scooting. He throws his hands out in front of him and then drags his body forward. It's actually kind of a spooky sound if you hear him coming down the hall, and Dave even calls this the "Swish Thud" in memory of a childhood ghost story. But he's quite proficient at it and can easily get to all the kitchen drawers to try to empty them. Unfortunately, I don't think the swish-thud will last too much longer because he can easily walk around the furniture and I bet he'll be off and running soon. Josh also waves and claps all the time, and loves to take his socks off.... and then eat them.
Josh proudly displays his sock-removing/eating talent
"Swish-Thud!"
We LOVE our Josh-Baby and are so happy he's been with us a whole year! Here's to many more years of fun!
2 comments:
what a great post, steph! i have missed him and this makes me feel like i know him a little better now! i'm so glad you guys have a baby josh!
I can't believe our boys are 1 already. Your account of Josh sounds very familiar...
Post a Comment