Saturday, June 26, 2010

Bad Times

So I guess I TOTALLY jinxed myself by naming my last post "Good Times." Shortly after posting all those fun pictures, we were walking around at a park called Lover's Point and Josh had an accident. He was walking next to me, holding my hand, when he somehow tripped and slid out of my hand, slamming his poor little face on a rock. It was SO SAD. His whole face was bleeding and he was just screaming and screaming. I felt so horrible that I had lost the grip on his little hand, allowing him to disfigure his face and causing him so much pain. As a mother of a 1 year old, you spend a vast majority of your time protecting your little one from harm and accident, but occasionally it sneaks past you and your little one ends up with all these battered bruises, scrapes, etc. Poor kid. He's such a trooper, though, and really doesn't seem that bothered by it now, (though as the bruising deepens, I'm becoming more and more convinced he broke his nose.)


The night immediately following the fall, after the dirt and blood were cleaned off. Oh what a sad, sad face!


The next day, bruising developing. And now, (3 days later,) the bruising is even worse than in this photo.

4 comments:

LZ said...

He is still good looking. Chicks dig scars!

Bella said...

poor josh baby!!!!! i just wanted to cry for you when i read about this on facebook. he looks extra tough already! :)

Rachel said...

Oh, my heart. Ouch. Honestly, sometimes those owies are tougher on the moms, I think. Still a darling little face there!

ghd3 said...

Indeed tougher on the parents, I think. :) He looks good -- heaven knows ours have also had their fair share of tumbles (#3 seems to have even more under his belt than his sisters...).

Hope you guys are doing well. We're excited to see you in the Emerald City!