Saturday, July 03, 2010
The bug
Today the boys and I were out in the garage while Dave was working. A small beetle was making his way though the garage and inadvertently got a little injured when I pushed a scooter out of Josh's way. The bug began crawling funny, sort of sideways and backwards. Tommy noticed and said, "What's wrong with that bug?" I said, "I think he got a little hurt from the scooter." Tommy thought about it then said, "Maybe we can help him get better." I said, "Uh, I don't think we can help him get better. Maybe you should just smoosh him so he doesn't have to walk around all hurt." Tommy said, "OK," and stepped on it. Then he wandered out of the garage and a few minutes later he came back and said quietly to the bug, "Sorry, bug." Poor Tommy. He has a such a big heart. It's hard to learn about life and death, even if it's just a bug.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
oh...i love him! that just makes me a little sad. he is so dang sweet!
Post a Comment