Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Not Homeless

So, I've been having a bit of demand from my faithful public as to updates on the housing situation.

The good news is, we will not be homeless in one and a half weeks when the movers come to get our stuff. And the other good news is our new house is in beautiful Carmel. The bad news (which really is not bad news,) is I am not able to post photos at this time. Dave bought a new Mac to replace our desktop computer and somehow broke the wireless router. As all the photos are on the laptop and I'm a little lazy to devise a way to transfer when I have no easy docking mechanism between the two, I am a little stuck until I have wireless again.

So about Carmel. It is also known as Carmel-by-the-Sea, has a population of 4100 and Clint Eastwood used to be Mayor. It has a few quaint (weird?) traditions. There are no addresses on the houses; they are described by however many houses from whatever intersection in whatever direction. There are no streetlights, I suppose to maintain the atmosphere (or star gaze??) It is known as the Village in the Forest because most of the houses were carefully built around the giant trees. We're going to be very close to work, the beach and downtown. I think it's going to be great! I will post photos when I can...

3 comments:

LZ said...

The house and the town sound dreamy!!!

oh and dave, once you go mac, you will never go back.

Bella said...

can't wait for the pics and to come visit and play!!

Rachel said...

I can not wait to come see you there. I love Carmel by the Sea - that's where I bought my dress for my sister's wedding many years ago - I'll never forget that cute cute place!!!! Hooray for you!