Sunday, June 22, 2008

Quite Fit-ting?



We bought a new (used) car yesterday, a 2007 Honda Fit. We have been using just one car the past year as we are close enough to walk to work, but we thought we'd now need 2 cars. Dave has been wanting a Fit since they came out. He has researched and looked a lot at them, and now that we're moving in a few days he decided it would be easier to buy one here than down in Monterey where there are not as many cars for sale. So this Honda came up Friday night on craigslist (though from a dealer) and Saturday we bought it. It only has 3400 miles so it seems basically new. I have to admit that at first I thought these cars were quite ugly - sort of like a scale model version of a minivan, but now I think they are kind of cute. Plus if it makes Dave happy, I'm happy. (He's the one who will be driving it anyway...) The seats do have some great fold down positions to easily put bikes or stuff in the back. And they get almost as good a gas mileage as a Toyota Prius for a lot less money. The dealer said they can hardly sell SUV's here in California anymore thanks to our nearly $5 a gallon gas prices, but anything that's a hybrid or gets good gas mileage they can't keep in stock.
So here's to happy trails for Dr. D in his new Fit!

Check out that small engine!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Neat! I think I want one of those. Somehow I imagine it might get better mileage than our Cherokee...ya think?

ghd3 said...

Nice work! I really like the fits. We're actually thinking about heading in the other direction (from 2 cars to 1), and are considering a bakfiets.... Cool car!

Bella said...

awesome! that will be perfect! glad the photos are back! did jackie tell you that madison and jane saw the pics of dave's beard and apparently it was NOT a hit! i can't understand why not.......who doesn't love a creepy guy? hee hee