On Monday I drove up to my old romping grounds near Palo Alto to catch the riders going up Tunitas Creek Road en route to Santa Rosa. Although it was rainy and a little dreary, driving up Kings Mountain Road to Skyline Drive where the race would pass was exhilarating. I had ridden up that road on my bike through the redwood groves quite a few times and it was amazing to think of the racers were riding the same roads! Evidently, I was not the only one with the idea to watch the Tunitas Creek climb, as all of Palo Alto joined me - either on their bikes or in their cars. There were thousands of people up there and it was a really fun environment. Here are some photos:
On Tuesday, I watched the beginning of the Sierra Road climb and Patterson Pass climb. Here are the photos (again, Lance in the yellow helmet):
5 comments:
very cool. and great pictures. glad you've been able to see some of it. talked to Jason Dunlop yesterday -- it sounds like he and Jared will be up here STP weekend to help publicize the Madsens, which will be fun. We should see them at the finish.
Ooooh! I bet that is so awesome to see!
we have been wondering if you were at any of the action LIVE!!! and you were!!! love the pics! it really is just such a beautiful area. so....since you have taken a ride on some of these roads....it must mean you are ready to put a team together and get sponsors and WIN WIN WIN!!!! i will sponsor you!
so jealous! Soo soo jealous. Board studying has got me chained to a desk/computer. Hope you are feeling well!
Hey that's really cool - I have even heard of those guys! I'm glad you got to see them.
Post a Comment